Get more information about Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette by clicking links below:
Unitech Training Academy was founded in 1977 and was granted license by the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. The school began with one program and location, but has grown into a multi-program institution with five locations across the state of Louisiana. The school is accredited by the Council on Occupation Education, having received it in 2003.
A variety of programs are available through the school, allowing students to pursue the program track that best reflects their personal interests and goals. The professional and qualified faculty guarantees students will receive the best training and education possible, preparing them for entry into the workforce. Programs will have varying lengths based on the complexity of the field of study.
Programs offered include:
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Casino Gaming
- Computer Information Systems
Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette is located at 3253 Ambassador Caffery in the city of Lafayette. This campus has graduated over 620 students over the last few years. This location offers student services in the form of flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting unitechtrainingacademy.com.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to see a full list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (337) 988-4042.
Get more information about the programs offered by Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette by clicking the request information to the right.
Blood Bank Technology Specialist (905 Hours)
The blood bank technology specialist program offered most often takes about eleven months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $14,000*
- Required supplies and books: $800*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the blood bank technology specialist program last year
- Students usually complete the blood bank technology specialist program in 11 months
Medical Assistant (905 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $16,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $910*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 73%**
- Around 30 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- The medical assistant program takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our medical assistant schools information page.
Pharmacy Technician (905 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program takes about eleven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,140*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 85%**
- $17,959 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $70.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- Around 20 students completed the pharmacy technician program last year
- The pharmacy technician program takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more about pharmacy technician programs by visiting our pharmacy technician training profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Dental Assistant (600 Hours)
The dental assistant program offered most often takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $9,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $690*
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the dental assistant program last year
- The dental assistant program takes about 8 months to complete
More details and school listings are available through our dental assistant schools profile page.
Rehabilitation Aide (480 Hours)
Rehabilitation aide program takes approximately six months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $670*
- More than 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 6 months
Medical Office Administration (905 Hours)
Medical office administration program takes approximately eleven months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $810*
- 87% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $15,437**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $62.00 per month*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the medical office administration program last year
- The length of the medical office administration program is about 11 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $12,300 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (337) 988-6764. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$3,241|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$3,676|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 26%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Unitech Training Academy – Lafayette.
- Medical Training College in Baton Rouge, LA (62 miles away)
- Unitech Training Academy - Lake Charles in Lake Charles, LA (67 miles away)
- Unitech Training Academy - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (84 miles away)
- Unitech Training Academy - Houma in Houma, LA (92 miles away)
- Eastern College of Health Vocations - New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (114 miles away)