Get more information about Valley College of Medical Careers by clicking links below:
Valley College of Medical Careers (VCMC) is located in the San Fernando Valley, California, in the West Hills region. Its mission is to provide quality vocational education to students in preparation for employment in their field of study upon graduation. This is reflected in their core values, which include Continuous Improvement, Customer Satisfaction and Educational Excellence. Their goal is to provide a learning environment that fosters respect for individuals, personal growth and teamwork.
Founded in 1986, VCMC currently offers five programs:
- Vocational Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Assisting
Each of these programs is designed to administer theory and practical training geared to equip students for specific professions after graduation. The Vocational Nursing program, for example, qualifies students to eligible for the NCLEX-PN Examination upon graduating. Likewise, the Surgical Technology program is a comprehensive course of study that prepares students for the exam conducted by the National Board of Surgical Technologists and Surgical Assistants (NBSTSA.)
VCMC is a private, for-profit institution that currently enrolls under 100 students (as of 2012-2013.) The limited number of students allows small batches of 15 students to one faculty member, which increases engagement between staff and students. This enhanced interaction enables instructors to more closely monitor the performance of their students and offer individualized attention towards developing their competencies in various areas.
VCMC is approved to participate in financial aid programs, and actively assists applicants for private loans, federal loans and grants. In addition to such assistance, the school also provides the opportunity to engage in externship during their course of study.
Valley College of Medical Careers have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (818) 883-9002 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by Valley College of Medical Careers by clicking the request information to the right.
The medical assistant programs listed below are organized by the number of contact hours offered.
860 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $400*
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,560 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered usually takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $29,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,700*
- Students usually complete the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program in 15 months
More information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs information page.
Pharmacy Technician (860 Hours)
The pharmacy technician program offered usually takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $14,000*
- Required supplies and books: $530*
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $14,685**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $14.00*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the pharmacy technician program in 10 months
Check out our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain more information and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Medical Insurance Coding (860 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered usually takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $14,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $420*
- The length of the medical insurance coding program is about 10 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at Valley College of Medical Careers is approximately $20,100 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$4,831|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,331|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 13%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Valley College of Medical Careers.
- California Career College in Canoga Park, CA (2 miles away)
- Marian College - Van Nuys Campus in Van Nuys, CA (9 miles away)
- Casa Loma College - School of Nursing and Allied Health in Van Nuys, CA (9 miles away)
- Kaplan College - North Hollywood in North Hollywood, CA (12 miles away)
- Career Development Institute in Los Angeles, CA (18 miles away)