Get more information about West Coast University – Los Angeles by clicking links below:
West Coast University, established in Los Angeles in 1909, is a system of schools that provides training and education in a number of medical fields, though originally only offered a program in ophthalmology. Over the years the school has gone added and removed a variety of programs, all with a focus on career training for working adults. Today the school offers degrees in various allied health fields, with a primary focus on nursing. The schools campuses are equipped with modern equipment and regularly updated curriculums to ensure the education offered remains relevant and current.
The schools various programs allow students to choose the educational track that best suits his or her career interests. The courses arte taught by experienced and qualified faculty that ensures the curriculums meet the standards set forth by health care providers. Students may earn a bachelor’s, masters or doctoral degree based on the program pursued. Upon completion students will be able to seek out licensure and begin employment as a qualified professional.
Programs offered include:
- Dental Hygiene
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
North Hollywood Location
West Coast University – Los Angeles is located at 12215 Victory Boulevard in the city of North Hollywood. This campus has a graduating class size which is about 410 students each year. This campus offers services for students in the form of flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation, and job placement options for students after graduation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting westcoastuniversity.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by West Coast University – Los Angeles by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Nursing (B, M)
- 97% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $78,160**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $173.00 per month*
- About 410 students were granted degrees in the last reported year
Healthcare Administration (B, M)
- 81% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
Family Practice Nurse (B, C, M)
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at West Coast University – Los Angeles is $29,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (323) 668-7555. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $32,000-$39,000
- Per unit charges are around $2,000 for part time students
- Required fees: $150
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $19,000 per year for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $730 to $870 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $92
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Pharmacy School: $169,000 (See all Pharmacy Schools in California)
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||51%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||15%||$11,480|
|Receiving Student Loans||41%||$15,113|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 0.9%.
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Coast University – Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles County College of Nursing and Allied Health in Los Angeles, CA (5 miles away)
- West Coast University - Orange County in Anaheim, CA (29 miles away)
- Pacific College in Costa Mesa, CA (37 miles away)
- West Coast University - Ontario in Ontario, CA (40 miles away)
- Roseman University of Health Sciences in Henderson, NV (229 miles away)