Get more information about Wood County School of Practical Nursing by clicking links below:
Nursing is an outstanding career choice. The Wood County School of Practical Nursing offers an outstanding educational program in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Nurses are in demand and the medium salary is $64,690 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Don’t wait any longer to embark on a rewarding career that allows you to help others.
The objective of the program is to prioritize the needs of the client. Another goal is for health care team members to work together. Nursing care must be planned to meet the needs of clients. Finally safety standards must be upheld. In-state tuition is $3,575.00 per year. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
The Wood County School of Practical Nursing is by the Technical and Adult Education Department. The program is accredited by the West Virginia Board of Examiners For Licensed Practical Nurses, and on the National level by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
The program takes 12 months and the student will be awarded a diploma. The program is held at West Virginia University - Parkersburg (WVU-P). Students can use the nursing lab and the library. Conference room space is provided by the cooperating agencies for conducting pre- and post-clinical conferences.
Financial aid is available for those in need. Individuals who need financial aid must submit a FAFSA application. A financial aid counselor can help you with the process.
The following is a list of programs being offered at Wood County School of Practical Nursing. Please consider that the list can be different from programs currently being offered. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wood County School of Practical Nursing by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,350 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $5,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,200*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 12 months
More information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs information page.
Medical Administration (685 Hours)
The medical administration program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,460*
- Around 10 students completed the medical administration program last year
- The length of the medical administration program is about 8 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||50%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||50%||$2,632|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wood County School of Practical Nursing.
- B M Spurr School of Practical Nursing in Glen Dale, WV (64 miles away)
- Fayette County Career & Technical Institute - Practical Nursing Program in Uniontown, PA (106 miles away)
- Hannah E Mullins School of Practical Nursing in Salem, OH (119 miles away)
- Akron School of Practical Nursing in Akron, OH (124 miles away)
- Lenape Tech School Practical Nursing Program in Ford City, PA (150 miles away)