Agnes Scott College
141 E. College Ave, Decatur, GA
- FAFSA School Code: 001542
- Phone: (404) 471-6000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (404) 471-6285
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (404) 471-6395
- Financial Aid Page
Agnes Scott College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Decatur, GA, which is a predominately suburban area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. The school enrolls 900 students per year, allowing for a more personalized education.
Students may pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
- Mathematics And Statistics
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. 46% of students that apply are accepted to Agnes Scott College, of which 22% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $35,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. The cost of on-campus housing is around $5,300 for the year. Students attending this school may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
Agnes Scott College participates in sports through the NCAA's Great South Athletic Conference in Basketball.
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.agnesscott.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students Agnes Scott College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances for admission at Agnes Scott College.
|Granted Admissions||1,048 (46%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||228 (22%)|
Total enrollment at Agnes Scott College is around 920 students, with undergraduate students making up about 97% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $32,000-$38,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,300 to $1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$24,089|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$6,383|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 2%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Agnes Scott College may provide services like:
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Agnes Scott College is approximately 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||58%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Agnes Scott College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
English Language and Literature
- Psychology (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- English and Language Arts Teacher Education (M)
- Mathematics Teacher Education (M)
- Biology Teacher Education (M)
- Chemistry Teacher Education (M)
- Physics Teacher Education
- History (B)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Classical Languages, Literatures and Linguistics (B)
- Spanish Language and Literature (B)
- French Language and Literature (B)
- German Language and Literature (B)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Womens Studies (B)
- African Studies (B)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Agnes Scott College.
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (23 miles away)
- North Georgia College & State University in Dahlonega, GA (55 miles away)
- Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, GA (118 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (126 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (146 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Georgia
- See all private colleges in Georgia
- Review all the different Georgia liberal arts colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Georgia