Alma College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Alma, MI, which is a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Alma College has an annual student enrollment of approximately 1,400.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1472 - 1960 for the SAT exam and in a range of 22 - 27 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. An estimated 70% of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 28% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $32,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $4,900. Some students at Alma College may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for Alma College is the "Scots", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, tuition information, areas of study, and more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.alma.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Alma College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Alma College is about 1,400.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $34,000-$41,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,601|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$7,021|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Alma College may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Alma College is close to 61%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2012)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1976)
Alma College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Basketball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Football (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Alma College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Alma College.
- Indiana University - South Bend in South Bend, IN (142 miles away)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, IN (158 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (168 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in Green Bay, WI (181 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (182 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Visit the main Michigan colleges & universities profile page
- See all private colleges in Michigan
- See all the liberal arts colleges in Michigan
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Michigan
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Alma College for official up-to-date information.