Get more information about Anderson University by clicking links below:
Anderson University is a nonprofit private institution located in Anderson, SC and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school's Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Anderson University has an annual student enrollment of approximately two thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. The majority of students accepted to this school have an SAT score in a range of 1400 to 1740, or an ACT composite score within the range of 20 to 25. 73% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 34% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $23,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. The price of on-campus housing is approximately $4,300 per year. Students enrolled at Anderson University may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Anderson University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
- Softball (NCAA Division II)
Students who would like to learn more about this school can take a look at their website at http://www.andersonuniversity.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Anderson University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Anderson University is around 3,100 students, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $22,000-$26,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $540 to $640 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,641|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$6,183|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Anderson University may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of AU is close to 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||36%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Anderson University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Anderson University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Anderson University.
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (35 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (51 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Union in Union, SC (60 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (76 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (82 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in South Carolina
- Compare other South Carolina private colleges
- Review a list of South Carolina Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Anderson University for official up-to-date information.