1020 N 2nd St, Atchison, KS
- FAFSA School Code: 010256
- Phone: (913) 367-5340
- School Homepage
- Phone: (800) 467-5340
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (800) 467-5340
- Financial Aid Page
Benedictine College provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Atchison, KS and operated as a private institution. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Enrollment at Benedictine College is nearly 1,900 annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. The majority of students admitted to this school have an SAT score between 960 - 1260, or an ACT score between 21 - 27. An estimated 60% of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 23% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $24,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $4,800. This school may offer financial aid for students that are eligible by way of grants and loans.
The mascot for Benedictine College is the "Ravens", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
Contact information, financial aid information, areas of study, and much more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.benedictine.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Benedictine College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Benedictine College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||21 - 29|
|ACT ® Math||19 - 26|
|ACT ® Composite Score||21 - 27|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances for admission at Benedictine College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||2,081 (59%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||471 (23%)|
The total student enrollment at Benedictine College is about 1,900, where graduate students make up roughly 4% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $23,000-$27,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $730 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$12,633|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$5,801|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 2%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Benedictine College may provide student services including:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Benedictine College is close to 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2012)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1946)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1958)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Benedictine College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Physical Education (B)
- Elementary Education (B)
- Secondary Education (B)
- Educational Leadership and Administration (M)
- Music Teacher Education (B)
- Special Education
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Theological and Ministerial Studies (B)
- Psychology (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Media Studies (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- History (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Spanish Language and Literature (B)
- French Language and Literature (B)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Studies (B)
- Music (B)
- Drama (B)
- Theatre Arts and Stagecraft
Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Philosophy (B)
- Philosophy and Religious Studies (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (B)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Biological and Physical Sciences
Computer and Information Sciences
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Benedictine College.
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (22 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (48 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (70 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (99 miles away)
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (141 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: