Get more information about Benedictine College by clicking links below:
Benedictine College provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Atchison, KS and operated as a private institution. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Enrollment at Benedictine College is nearly 1,900 annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. The majority of students admitted to this school have an SAT score between 960 - 1260, or an ACT score between 21 - 27. An estimated 60% of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 23% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $24,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $4,800. This school may offer financial aid for students that are eligible by way of grants and loans.
The mascot for Benedictine College is the "Ravens", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
Contact information, financial aid information, areas of study, and much more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.benedictine.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Benedictine College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Benedictine College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||22 - 30|
|ACT ® Math||21 - 27|
|ACT ® Composite Score||22 - 28|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances for admission at Benedictine College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||2,129 (61%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||494 (23%)|
The total student enrollment at Benedictine College is about 2,100, where graduate students make up roughly 2% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $25,000-$30,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $760 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$12,633|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$5,801|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 3.1%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Benedictine College may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Benedictine College is close to 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Benedictine College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Benedictine College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Benedictine College.
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (22 miles away)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (47 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (48 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (70 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (99 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Kansas
- Review a list of Kansas private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Kansas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Benedictine College for official up-to-date information.