717 Frederica St, Owensboro, KY
- FAFSA School Code: 001958
- Phone: (270) 685-3131
- School Homepage
- Phone: (270) 686-4241
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (270) 686-4290
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Brescia University by clicking on the links below:
Brescia University provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Owensboro, Kentucky and operated as a private institution. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. The school's small size in terms of enrollment, about 700 students, allows students to have a more hands on education due to the size of the class and easier access to professors and faculty.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Brescia University offers:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 19 - 24 on the ACT or 420 - 470 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of acceptance. An estimated 50% of all students that applied were accepted at Brescia University, with 13% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $20,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The Brescia University Bearcats participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the Brescia University website to obtain a complete list of academic programs offered, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Brescia University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Brescia University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||19 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||17 - 23|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table
We have provided a table below which represents your chance for admission at Brescia University.
|Granted Admissions||1,167 (48%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||153 (13%)|
Total enrollment at Brescia University is around 690 students, where graduate students make up roughly 6% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $20,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $590 for part time students
- On-campus housing and meals are estimated to cost around $9,600, the amount includes the serving of nineteen meals each week
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$14,253|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,185|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 10%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Brescia University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Brescia University is around 32%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Brescia University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Social Work (B)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Curriculum and Instruction (M)
- Social Studies Teacher Education (B)
- Elementary Education (B)
- Special Education (B)
- Middle School Education (B)
- Art Teacher Education
- Spanish Language Teacher Education
Health and Clinical Professions
- Audiology and Speech Pathology (B)
- Clinical Laboratory Science (B)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
- Psychology (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (B)
- History (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Applied Mathematics (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (B)
- Chemistry (B)
- Mathematics and Computer Science (B)
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Studies (B)
- Commercial and Advertising Art (B)
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Theological and Ministerial Studies (B)
- Theology (B)
- Religious Education
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Brescia University.
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (81 miles away)
- Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN (87 miles away)
- Tennessee State University in Nashville, TN (112 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (126 miles away)
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (179 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Kentucky
- Review a list of Kentucky private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Kentucky