Get more information about Calvin College by clicking links below:
Calvin College, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Christian Reformed Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Nearly four thousand students enroll at Calvin College annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Calvin College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to Calvin College. Scores between 23 to 29 on the ACT or 1030 to 1310 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of admission. This school has an acceptance rate of around 75 percent of which only 40 percent chose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at calvin.edu.
Tuition is approximately $28,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to determine cost. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is typically grants and loans.
The Calvin College Knights participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.calvin.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Calvin College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Calvin College has a total student population of about 4,400, with undergraduate students making up about 95% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $30,000-$37,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $730-$880 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $12,000
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$12,151|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$7,282|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Calvin College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Calvin College has a very high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||57%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
Calvin College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Basketball (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
- Track and Field (Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Calvin College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Calvin College.
- Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI (15 miles away)
- Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI (44 miles away)
- Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, MI (62 miles away)
- Indiana University - South Bend in South Bend, IN (93 miles away)
- University of Michigan - Flint in Flint, MI (96 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Michigan
- Compare other Michigan private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Michigan may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Calvin College for official up-to-date information.