Central Penn College
Also known as "Central Penn"
College Hill & Valley Rds, Summerdale, PA
- FAFSA School Code: 004890
- Phone: (800) 759-2727
- School Homepage
- Phone: (717) 728-2201
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (717) 728-2261
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Central Penn College by clicking on the links below:
We offer personal attention, community partnerships and hands-on learning. Our experienced faculty members work in the fields they teach, so they can impart current knowledge that students can immediately use in their careers.
You are success driven.
At Central Penn, your success is our mission and our numbers prove it. Based on our most recent One-Year Graduate Survey, 83.7% of Central Penn graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
You are concerned about college costs.
We can help. At Central Penn, financial aid is available to those who qualify, including grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study programs. Our financial planning coordinators will guide you every step of the way.
You are goal oriented.
We have accelerated bachelor and associate degree programs that can put you on the fast track to career success in a wide variety of fields. With classes held year round, you can finish your degree in just three years, plus an internship.
You want to be part of a community.
Central Penn has more than 1,200 diverse students, unique apartment living arrangements instead of dorms, and a true spirit of community. So you will make friends for a lifetime, gain social skills for the real-world career of your choice, and enjoy a quality of life on campus unlike any other.
Central Penn College, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, emerged from a business school, earning its new status and name in April 1999 after the Pennsylvania Department of Education authorized the Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science Degrees.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Central Penn accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Recommended
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into Central Penn
The table below lists the chances for admission at Central Penn.
|Granted Admissions||1,298 (43%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||210 (16%)|
Total enrollment at Central Penn College is around 1,500 students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $15,000-$18,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $460 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$5,405|
|Receiving Student Loans||92%||$6,370|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 6%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Central Penn College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Central Penn College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||2%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1988)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B)
- Accounting (A, B, C)
- Human Resources (C)
- Administrative Assistant (A)
- Entrepreneurial Studies (A)
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations (A)
- Advertising and Marketing
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (A, B)
- Securities Services Administration and Management (B)
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Science (A, B)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Legal Professions and Studies (B)
- Paralegal (A)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Commercial and Advertising Art (A)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (A, B)
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central Penn College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (153 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (179 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: