College of Mount St. Joseph
Also known as "College of Mount Saint Joseph"
5701 Delhi Rd, Cincinnati, OH
- FAFSA School Code: 003033
- Phone: (513) 244-4200
- School Homepage
- Phone: (513) 244-4531
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (513) 244-4418
- Financial Aid Page
College of Mount Saint Joseph is a nonprofit private institution that has a fair number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, in a predominately suburban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. College of Mount Saint Joseph has an annual student enrollment of over 2,500.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs College of Mount St. Joseph offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the school. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to College of Mount Saint Joseph. A score between 910 to 1100 on the SAT, or 20 to 25 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. College of Mount Saint Joseph has an acceptance rate of 63 percent of which only 29 percent decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at msj.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $27,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs around $4,100 for the year. Students enrolled at College of Mount St. Joseph may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
College of Mount Saint Joseph has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, academics information, programs offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.msj.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students College of Mount St. Joseph accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to College of Mount St. Joseph.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||18 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||18 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||20 - 25|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into College of Mount Saint Joseph
The table below lists the chances for admission at College of Mount St. Joseph.
|Granted Admissions||1,021 (63%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||300 (29%)|
Total enrollment at College of Mount St. Joseph is around 2,500 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 17% enrolling as graduate students and 83% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $24,000-$29,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $500-$590 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$12,473|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$7,121|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, College of Mount St. Joseph may offer student services like:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
College of Mount Saint Joseph has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||34%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy (P.T.) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program (more info)
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by College of Mount St. Joseph by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Teacher Education and Professional Development (M)
- Special Education (B)
- Early Childhood Education (B)
- Art Teacher Education (B)
- Middle School Education (B)
- Physical Education
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, B)
- Organizational Behavior Studies (M)
- Accounting (B)
- Organizational and Nonprofit Management
- Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (A, B)
- Psychology (B)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Social Work (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- History (B)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A, B, C)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
- Chemistry (B)
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Christian Counseling (B, C)
- Religious Education
- Theology and Religious Vocations
- Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Adult Development and Aging (B)
- Natural Sciences
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to College of Mount St. Joseph.
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (55 miles away)
- Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (59 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (63 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (82 miles away)
- Morehead State University in Morehead, KY (90 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: