Get more information about College of Mount St. Joseph by clicking links below:
College of Mount Saint Joseph is a nonprofit private institution that has a fair number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, in a predominantly suburban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. College of Mount Saint Joseph has an annual student enrollment of over 2,500.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs College of Mount St. Joseph offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the school. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to College of Mount Saint Joseph. A score between 910 to 1100 on the SAT, or 20 to 25 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. College of Mount Saint Joseph has an acceptance rate of 63 percent of which only 29 percent decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at msj.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $27,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs around $4,100 for the year. Students enrolled at College of Mount St. Joseph may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
College of Mount Saint Joseph has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, academics information, programs offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.msj.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students College of Mount St. Joseph accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at College of Mount St. Joseph is around 2,200 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 25% enrolling as graduate students and 75% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$31,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $500 to $600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$12,473|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$7,121|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, College of Mount St. Joseph may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
College of Mount Saint Joseph has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||39%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program (more info)
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
College of Mount St. Joseph is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by College of Mount St. Joseph by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to College of Mount St. Joseph.
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (55 miles away)
- Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (59 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (63 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (82 miles away)
- Morehead State University in Morehead, KY (90 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Ohio
- Get a list of all private colleges in Ohio
- Compare other Ohio Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact College of Mount St. Joseph for official up-to-date information.