Get more information about Dallas Baptist University by clicking links below:
Dallas Baptist University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Dallas, TX, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. About five thousand students enroll at DBU yearly.
Areas of study available at DBU include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. Students may provide either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions at DBU. A score in a range of 945 - 1306 on the SAT, or 20 - 28 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. An estimated 40% of all students that applied were admitted at Dallas Baptist University, with 48% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is around $22,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $2,700 annually. Some students at DBU may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The Dallas Baptist University "Patriots" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.dbu.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Dallas Baptist University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to DBU.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 27|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into DBU
The chances of getting into Dallas Baptist University can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,113 (42%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||492 (44%)|
The total student enrollment at Dallas Baptist University is about 5,600, where graduate students make up roughly 38% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $23,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $700-$840 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$11,249|
|Receiving Student Loans||59%||$8,733|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 7%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Dallas Baptist University may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Dallas Baptist University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 2001)
Dallas Baptist University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Conference)
- Track and Field (Heartland Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Dallas Baptist University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Dallas Baptist University.
- Texas Woman's University in Denton, TX (37 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Commerce in Commerce, TX (70 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Stephenville, TX (81 miles away)
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, OK (95 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Tyler in Tyler, TX (103 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Texas
- See all private colleges in Texas
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Texas