Get more information about Dillard University by clicking links below:
Dillard University is a nonprofit private historically black institution located in New Orleans, LA. Most historically black colleges and universities (also known as HBCUs) were founded after the civil war to provide newly freed African Americans with educational opportunities. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Approximately a thousand students are enrolled yearly at Dillard University.
Areas of study available at Dillard University include:
- Ethnic Cultural And Gender Studies
- Social Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Most common test scores among students accepted to this school are between 16 - 20 for the ACT exam, or 1090 - 1410 on the SAT. 49% of those students that apply are admitted to Dillard University, of which 13% choose to attend.
The cost of tuition is approximately $16,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attending this school. The price of on-campus housing is about $7,000 annually. Students at this school may qualify for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Dillard University is the "Blue Devils", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Volleyball (NAIA Division I)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.dillard.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Dillard University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Dillard University has a total student population of about 1,300.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $15,000-$18,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $630 to $750 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$11,016|
|Receiving Student Loans||95%||$7,594|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Dillard University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Dillard University is around 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||35%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1953)
Dillard University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Dillard University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Dillard University.
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (3 miles away)
- Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA (46 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (145 miles away)
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (162 miles away)
- The University of West Florida in Pensacola, FL (174 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Louisiana
- See all private colleges in Louisiana
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Louisiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Dillard University for official up-to-date information.