Get more information about Eastern Nazarene College by clicking links below:
Eastern Nazarene College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Quincy, Massachusetts, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Church of the Nazarene affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Enrollment at Eastern Nazarene College is nearly 1000 annually.
Students can choose from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 1260 to 1690 for the SAT exam and within the range of 20 to 28 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. Roughly 60% of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 26% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at www1.enc.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $28,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Students at this school may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Eastern Nazarene College through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.enc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Eastern Nazarene College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Eastern Nazarene College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||410 - 550|
|SAT ® Math||410 - 530|
|SAT ® Writing||400 - 540|
|SAT ® Total Score||1220 - 1620|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 26|
|ACT ® Math||16 - 25|
|ACT ® Writing||6 - 8|
|ACT ® Composite Score||17 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances for admission at Eastern Nazarene College.
|Granted Admissions||525 (56%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||165 (31%)|
Total enrollment at Eastern Nazarene College is around 1,200 students. The student body is made up of 88% undergraduate students and 12% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $28,000-$34,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $10,000, the amount includes twenty-one meals per week
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$14,828|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$6,881|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 5.3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Eastern Nazarene College may provide student services including:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Eastern Nazarene College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 50%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Eastern Nazarene College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Basketball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Eastern Nazarene College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Eastern Nazarene College.
- Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA (20 miles away)
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (22 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (55 miles away)
- Granite State College in Concord, NH (68 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (73 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Massachusetts
- Browse our list of private colleges in Massachusetts
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Massachusetts may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Eastern Nazarene College for official up-to-date information.