Get more information about Emmanuel College by clicking links below:
Emmanuel College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Boston, MA, the school resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Emmanuel College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately two thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Emmanuel College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. The most common exam scores among applicants admitted to Emmanuel College are within the range of 21 to 26 for the ACT exam, or 1480 to 1770 for the SAT exam. Emmanuel College accepts roughly 60 percent of students applying. Of those applicants admitted, around 15 percent enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $36,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their costs. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Emmanuel College "Saints" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the website to see a complete list of programs offered, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Emmanuel College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Emmanuel College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||500 - 590|
|SAT ® Math||500 - 590|
|SAT ® Writing||510 - 600|
|SAT ® Total Score||1510 - 1780|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||21 - 26|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting accepted into Emmanuel College.
|Granted Admissions||4,006 (60%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||515 (13%)|
The total student enrollment at Emmanuel College is about 2,300. The student body is made up of 90% undergraduate students and 10% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $39,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,100-$1,300 per unit
- Room and board is estimated to cost around $16,000, the cost includes the serving of nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$17,990|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$8,178|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 6%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Emmanuel College may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Emmanuel College is close to 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||54%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2004)
Emmanuel College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Great Northeast Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Great Northeast Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Emmanuel College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Emmanuel College.
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (17 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (49 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (72 miles away)
- University of Maine at Farmington in Farmington, ME (72 miles away)
- Westfield State College in Westfield, MA (88 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Massachusetts
- Compare other Massachusetts private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Massachusetts
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Emmanuel College for official up-to-date information.