Get more information about Fordham University by clicking links below:
Fordham University is a nonprofit private institution located in Bronx, New York and provides a large number of program options for students. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Over fifteen thousand students enroll at Fordham University yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Fordham University offers:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Most students admitted to Fordham University achieve an SAT score in a range of 1720 - 2020, or an ACT score within the range of 26 - 30. This school admits roughly 40% of applicants yearly. Of those students accepted, nearly 15% attended the school. More information on admissions can be found at fordham.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $44,000 for the year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's tuition calculator to determine cost. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at Fordham University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students can visit the Fordham University website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Fordham University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Fordham University has a total student population of about 15,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 43% enrolling as graduate students and 57% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $44,000-$53,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $930-$1,100 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $1
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$19,513|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$7,201|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Fordham University may provide services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
With a very high graduation rate of around 81%, Fordham University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||76%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Fordham University
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Law Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Campus: Fordham University - Lincoln Center
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 1990)
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 1983)
Fordham University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Football (Patriot League)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Fordham University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fordham University.
- CUNY Lehman College in Bronx, NY (1.0 miles away)
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (4 miles away)
- CUNY Hunter College in New York, NY (7 miles away)
- CUNY Queens College in Queens, NY (9 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (10 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- See all colleges in New York
- Find out what other private colleges are located in New York
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Fordham University for official up-to-date information.