Get more information about George Fox University by clicking links below:
George Fox University is a nonprofit private institution located in Newberg, Oregon and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school maintains a Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Around 3,500 students enroll at George Fox University annually.
Areas of study offered at George Fox University include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. The majority of students admitted to this school have an SAT score within the range of 980 to 1240, or an ACT score in a range of 21 to 27. Roughly 80% of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 23% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $32,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to identify their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing is available for students, and generally costs around $5,800 annually. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is typically grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at George Fox University through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants George Fox University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at George Fox University is around 3,900 students, where graduate students make up roughly 17% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $32,000-$39,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $980 to $1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$17,207|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$7,931|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, George Fox University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of George Fox University is approximately 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||52%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
George Fox University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northwest Conference)
- Basketball (Northwest Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by George Fox University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to George Fox University.
- Western Oregon University in Monmouth, OR (34 miles away)
- University of Washington - Tacoma Campus in Tacoma, WA (136 miles away)
- Southern Oregon University in Ashland, OR (216 miles away)
- Eastern Oregon University in La Grande, OR (233 miles away)
- Eastern Washington University in Cheney, WA (298 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Oregon
- Review a list of Oregon private colleges
- Review a list of Oregon Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact George Fox University for official up-to-date information.