Golden Gate University - San Francisco (GGU)
536 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 001205
- Phone: (415) 442-7800
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (415) 442-7270
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Golden Gate University - San Francisco by clicking on the links below:
Golden Gate University - San Francisco, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in San Francisco, CA, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Over three thousand students enroll at Golden Gate University - San Francisco per year.
Students may choose from many areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Computer And Information Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $15,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Students at GGU may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Students who wish to get more about this school can take a look at their website at http://www.ggu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Golden Gate University - San Francisco accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Golden Gate University - San Francisco has a total student population of about 3,800. The student body is made up of 11% undergraduate students and 89% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $14,000-$17,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $590 to $710 per unit
GGU contains multiple schools that oversee specific programs and their respective curriculums. These schools may also have differing admissions requirements and tuition costs. Listed below are the professional schools along with their estimated annual tuition:
- Law School (Tuition: $42,000/yr)
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$4,688|
|Student Loans (Federal)||70%||$6,257|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Golden Gate University - San Francisco may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1956)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Golden Gate University - San Francisco by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Taxation (C, M)
- Business Administration (B, C, D, M)
- Finance (B, C, M)
- Accounting (B, C, M)
- Human Resources (B, C, M)
- Advertising and Marketing (B, C, M)
- Financial Planning and Services (C, M)
- International Business (B, M)
- Investments and Securities (C)
- Operations Management (C)
- Telecommunications Management (B, M)
- Project Management (C)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Law (D)
- Tax Law, Taxation (D)
- United States Law, Legal Studies, Jurisprudence (D)
- International Law and Legal Studies (D)
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Law (D)
- Intellectual Property Law (D)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Public Administration (B, C, M)
- Psychology (M)
- Applied Psychology (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Information Science Studies (B, M)
- Computer Information Technology Services Administration and Management (C)
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (M)