Get more information about Harding University by clicking links below:
Harding University is a nonprofit private school that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Searcy, AR, in a predominantly rural area. The Churches of Christ affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Approximately 6,700 students enroll at Harding University per year.
Areas of study available at Harding University include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 22 - 28 on the ACT or 1000 - 1260 on the SAT are recommended to increase the chance of admission. Harding University admits roughly 70% of applicants. Of those applicants accepted, about 66% registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at harding.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $16,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's tuition calculator to identify their costs. Housing may be available for those that want to live on-campus for a cost of $3,300 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements.
The Harding University Bison participate in several athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the Harding University website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Harding University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Harding University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Recommended
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||22 - 30|
|ACT ® Math||21 - 27|
|ACT ® Composite Score||22 - 28|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances for admission at Harding University can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,663 (76%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,041 (63%)|
Total enrollment at Harding University is around 6,800 students, where graduate students make up roughly 36% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $16,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $490 to $590 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$9,139|
|Receiving Student Loans||61%||$6,819|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Harding University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Harding University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program (more info)
- Physical Therapy (P.T.) Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
Harding University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (367)
- Basketball (367)
- Track and Field (367)
- Football (367)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Harding University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Harding University.
- University of Central Arkansas in Conway, AR (43 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (50 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff in Pine Bluff, AR (73 miles away)
- Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, AR (80 miles away)
- Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, AR (86 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Arkansas
- Review a list of Arkansas private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Arkansas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Harding University for official up-to-date information.