Get more information about Indiana Wesleyan University by clicking links below:
Indiana Wesleyan University is a nonprofit private school that has a large selection of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Marion, Indiana, in a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Wesleyan affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately sixteen thousand students are enrolled per year at IWU.
Areas of study available at IWU include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to IWU. Scores within the range of 21 - 27 on the ACT or 1400 - 1740 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of getting accepted. Indiana Wesleyan University admits approximately 70 percent of applicants. Of those admitted, around 48 percent registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $24,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. The price of on-campus housing is about $3,800 per year. Some students at Indiana Wesleyan University may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The IWU Wildcats participate in several athletic programs, as part of the NAIA organization. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Contact information, admission forms, programs offered, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.indwes.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates IWU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Indiana Wesleyan University has a total student population of about 23,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 34% enrolling as graduate students and 66% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $25,000-$30,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $880 to $1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$9,492|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$7,680|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Indiana Wesleyan University may offer services to students including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Indiana Wesleyan University has an overall graduation rate which is around 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Indiana Wesleyan University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-Central College Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-Central College Conference)
- Track and Field (Mid-Central College Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Indiana Wesleyan University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (25 miles away)
- Ball State University in Muncie, IN (26 miles away)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, IN (50 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (61 miles away)
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (63 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Indiana colleges
- Compare other Indiana private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Indiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Indiana Wesleyan University for official up-to-date information.