Get more information about La Salle University by clicking links below:
La Salle University is a nonprofit private institution that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Philadelphia, PA, in a predominantly urban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately 6,600 students are enrolled annually at La Salle University.
Areas of study available at La Salle University include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 880 to 1090 on the SAT and between 19 to 25 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to this school. This school has an acceptance rate of 73% of which only 22% chose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $39,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Student housing is available for students and costs approximately $6,800 each year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The La Salle University "Explorers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the La Salle University website to see a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students La Salle University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to La Salle University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 25|
Acceptance Rate Table
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting accepted into La Salle University.
|Granted Admissions||4,449 (80%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||939 (21%)|
La Salle University has a total student population of about 6,600. The student body is made up of 69% undergraduate students and 31% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $36,000-$44,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,100 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$20,872|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$7,389|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, La Salle University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of La Salle University is close to 66%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||50%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- Coordinated Dietetics Program
- Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Program (more info)
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
La Salle University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic 10 Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by La Salle University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to La Salle University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (6 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (7 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (17 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (21 miles away)
- Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ (23 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Pennsylvania
- Compare other Pennsylvania private colleges
- Review a list of Pennsylvania Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Insitution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact La Salle University for official up-to-date information.