1844 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA
College Video Tour
- FAFSA School Code: 002158
- Phone: (617) 243-2000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (617) 243-2225
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (617) 243-2227
- Financial Aid Page
Lasell College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Newton, MA, it offers an urban setting for students to study in. Lasell College has an annual student enrollment of over a thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Social Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score between 890 to 1070 on the SAT, or 18 to 23 for the ACT is common among admitted students. Approximately 70% of all students that applied were accepted at Lasell College, with 18% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at lasell.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $30,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Students at this school may qualify for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Lasell College "Lasers" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, academics information, programs, and much more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.lasell.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Lasell College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to Lasell College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 23|
Acceptance Rate Table
We have provided a table below which represents your chance for admission at Lasell College.
|Granted Admissions||2,125 (74%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||375 (18%)|
The total student enrollment at Lasell College is about 1,800. The student body is made up of 91% undergraduate students and 9% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $28,000-$33,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $940 to $1,100 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $15,000, the cost includes nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$15,351|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$8,551|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Lasell College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Lasell College has an overall graduation rate which is around 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||39%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lasell College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Management Science (M)
- Fashion Merchandising (B)
- Accounting (B)
- Business Administration (B)
- Hospitality Administration and Management (B)
- Advertising and Marketing (B)
- Finance (B)
- Entrepreneurial Studies (B)
- International Business (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (B, M)
- Communication and Media Studies (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
Recreation and Fitness Studies
- Psychology (B)
- History (B)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Human Services (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Humanistic Studies (B)
- Liberal Arts
Health and Clinical Professions
- Early Childhood Education (B)
- Curriculum and Instruction (B)
- Secondary Education (B)
- Elementary Education
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Legal Studies (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lasell College.
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (46 miles away)
- Granite State College in Concord, NH (60 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (98 miles away)
- Lyndon State College in Lyndonville, VT (156 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (162 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Massachusetts colleges & universities profile page
- Get a list of all private colleges in Massachusetts