Get more information about Lawrence University by clicking links below:
Lawrence University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Appleton, WI, which is a predominantly urban area. Lawrence has a yearly student enrollment of nearly a thousand.
Areas of study offered at Lawrence University include but are not limited to:
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Roughly 50% of all students that applied were admitted at Lawrence University, with 23% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $42,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's tuition calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Housing may be available for students that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $4,100 each year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Lawrence Vikings participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Fencing (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about this school may check out their website at http://www.lawrence.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Lawrence University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Lawrence University is around 1,500 students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $42,000-$51,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,600 to $1,900 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$19,640|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$7,037|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Lawrence University may provide student services including:
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a high graduation rate of around 82%, Lawrence University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||69%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1947)
Lawrence is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Midwest Conference)
- Basketball (Midwest Conference)
- Track and Field (Midwest Conference)
- Football (Midwest Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lawrence University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lawrence University.
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh in Oshkosh, WI (17 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in Green Bay, WI (32 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (57 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (116 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (141 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Wisconsin colleges & universities profile page
- Get a list of all private colleges in Wisconsin
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lawrence University for official up-to-date information.