Lawrence University (Lawrence)
College Ave, Appleton, WI
- FAFSA School Code: 003856
- Phone: (920) 832-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (920) 832-6500
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (920) 832-6583
- Financial Aid Page
Lawrence University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Appleton, WI, which is a predominately urban area. Lawrence has a yearly student enrollment of nearly a thousand.
Areas of study offered at Lawrence University include but are not limited to:
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Roughly 50% of all students that applied were admitted at Lawrence University, with 23% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $42,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's tuition calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Housing may be available for students that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $4,100 each year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Lawrence Vikings participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Fencing (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about this school may check out their website at http://www.lawrence.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Lawrence University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Recommended
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into Lawrence
The table below lists the chances of getting into Lawrence.
|Granted Admissions||1,406 (53%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||326 (23%)|
Total enrollment at Lawrence University is around 1,600 students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $42,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,400-$1,700 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$19,640|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$7,037|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 1%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Lawrence University may provide student services including:
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a high graduation rate of around 77%, Lawrence University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||60%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1947)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lawrence University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Music Performance (B)
- Art Studies (B)
- Music (B)
- Art History (B)
- Drama (B)
- Music Theory and Composition (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Psychology (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
- Music Teacher Education (B)
- History (B)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Spanish Language and Literature (B)
- French Language and Literature (B)
- Linguistics (B)
- Russian Language and Literature (B)
- German Language and Literature (B)
- Chinese Language and Literature (B)
- Classical Languages, Literatures and Linguistics (B)
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Environmental Studies (B)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Ethnic, Cultural Minority and Gender Studies (B)
- East Asian Studies (B)
- Russian Studies (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (B)
- Mathematics and Computer Science (B)
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lawrence University.
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh in Oshkosh, WI (17 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Green Bay in Green Bay, WI (32 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point in Stevens Point, WI (57 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (116 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (141 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: