Get more information about Le Moyne – Owen College by clicking links below:
Le Moyne - Owen College is a nonprofit private historically black institution located in Memphis, Tennessee. Many historically black colleges and universities (also known as HBCUs) were established after the civil war to provide newly freed African Americans with educational opportunities. The school maintains a Protestant affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Le Moyne - Owen College is nearly 990 annually.
Students can select from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. The majority of students at Le Moyne - Owen College scored within the range of 14 to 17 on the ACT exam. Approximately 40% of all applicant were admitted at Le Moyne - Owen College, with 47% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $11,000 per year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $2,800 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at Le Moyne - Owen College through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the school's http://www.loc.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students Le Moyne – Owen College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting into Le Moyne – Owen College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Recommended
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2012
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||12 - 18|
|ACT ® Math||15 - 16|
|ACT ® Writing||5 - 8|
|ACT ® Composite Score||14 - 17|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances of getting accepted into Le Moyne – Owen College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||290 (23%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||190 (66%)|
Le Moyne – Owen College has a total student population of about 1,000.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $10,000-$13,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $480 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,023|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$3,607|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 20.7%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Le Moyne – Owen College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Le Moyne – Owen College is around 17%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2002)
Le Moyne – Owen College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Le Moyne – Owen College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Le Moyne – Owen College.
- Delta State University in Cleveland, MS (103 miles away)
- The University of Tennessee - Martin in Martin, TN (107 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (111 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff in Pine Bluff, AR (125 miles away)
- University of North Alabama in Florence, AL (135 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Tennessee
- Review a list of Tennessee private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Tennessee may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Le Moyne – Owen College for official up-to-date information.