Get more information about Lehigh University by clicking links below:
LU, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, it resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Approximately seven thousand students are enrolled per year at LU.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs LU offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Physical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then studied by admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores between 28 to 31 on the ACT or 1220 to 1400 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of getting accepted. LU has an admissions rate of about 33 percent of which only 31 percent chose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $45,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Student housing is available for students, and generally costs around $6,800 for the year. Lehigh University may offer financial aid for students that are eligible as grants and loans.
The LU Brown and White participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Lehigh University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Lehigh University has a total student population of about 7,500. The student body is made up of 69% undergraduate students and 31% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $46,000-$55,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $2,100 for part time students
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||69%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||53%||$27,928|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$6,945|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Lehigh University may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care
With a graduation rate of around 86%, Lehigh University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||73%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 1993)
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Theatre Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 1990)
Lehigh University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Patriot League)
- Basketball (Patriot League)
- Track and Field (Patriot League)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Patriot League)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lehigh University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lehigh University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (14 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (22 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (29 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Berks in Reading, PA (36 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (37 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lehigh University for official up-to-date information.