Get more information about Marymount University by clicking links below:
Marymount University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Arlington, VA, the school resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Approximately 3,600 students are enrolled yearly at Marymount University.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Marymount University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to Marymount University achieve an SAT score within the range of 1303 to 1650, or an ACT composite score between 19 to 23. This school has an admissions rate of 78 percent of which only 26 percent chose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $26,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Marymount University may offer financial aid for students that are eligible as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Marymount University is the "Saints", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Marymount University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Marymount University is about 4,200, where graduate students make up roughly 31% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $910-$1,100 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $15,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$13,500|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,170|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Marymount University may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
The overall graduation rate of Marymount University is close to 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Health Services Administration Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Marymount University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Capital Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Marymount University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Marymount University.
- Bowie State University in Bowie, MD (21 miles away)
- Coppin State University in Baltimore, MD (38 miles away)
- University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA (46 miles away)
- Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, WV (51 miles away)
- St Mary's College of Maryland in St. Mary's City, MD (62 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Virginia colleges
- Review a list of Virginia private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Virginia
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Marymount University for official up-to-date information.