Get more information about Mercyhurst College by clicking links below:
Mercyhurst College provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Erie, Pennsylvania and operated as a private institution. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. About four thousand students enroll at Mercyhurst College yearly.
Areas of study offered at Mercyhurst College include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Most students admitted to this school earn an SAT score between 1410 - 1740, or an ACT score between 21 - 26. This school accepts approximately 80% of applicants annually. Of those applicants admitted, about 30% attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $30,000 per year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $5,400 annually. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Mercyhurst College is the "Lakers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, financial aid information, programs offered, and much more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.mercyhurst.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants Mercyhurst College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to have a better understanding of your chances of getting accepted to Mercyhurst College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||470 - 580|
|SAT ® Math||470 - 580|
|SAT ® Writing||460 - 560|
|SAT ® Total Score||1400 - 1720|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2013
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||20 - 26|
|ACT ® Math||20 - 26|
|ACT ® Composite Score||21 - 26|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances of getting accepted into Mercyhurst College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||2,214 (75%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||600 (27%)|
The total student enrollment at Mercyhurst College is about 3,100, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $30,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $910 to $1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,990|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$7,532|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 13%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Mercyhurst College may provide services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Mercyhurst College is around 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||42%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Mercyhurst North East
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2010)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2001)
Campus: Mercyhurst College
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 1996)
- Dance Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance, Commission on Accreditation (since 2009)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation, Commission on Community/Junior College Accreditation (since 1996)
Mercyhurst College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mercyhurst College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mercyhurst College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Erie - Behrend College in Erie, PA (4 miles away)
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in Edinboro, PA (17 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Titusville, PA (39 miles away)
- SUNY at Fredonia in Fredonia, NY (44 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Shenango in Sharon, PA (65 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Compare other Pennsylvania private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Mercyhurst College for official up-to-date information.