5500 Myron Massey Blvd, Fairfield, AL
- FAFSA School Code: 001028
- Phone: (205) 929-1000 x1645
- School Homepage
- Phone: (205) 929-1656
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (205) 929-1664
- Financial Aid Page
College Video Tour
Request more information about programs at Miles College by clicking on the links below:
Miles College is a nonprofit private historically black institution located in Fairfield, AL. A majority of historically black colleges and universities (also known as HBCUs) were established after the civil war to provide newly freed African Americans with educational opportunities. The school maintains a Christian Methodist Episcopal affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Miles College has an annual student enrollment of nearly a thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Miles College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Public Administration And Social Services
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting all applicants that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and admissions essays may be requested for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found at miles.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $12,000 for the year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's tuition calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs about $4,200 each year. Miles College may offer financial aid for students who qualify in the form of grants and loans.
The Miles College Golden Bears participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, tuition information, areas of study, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.miles.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Miles College accepts.
The total student enrollment at Miles College is about 1,700.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $10,000-$12,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $430-$520 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$5,773|
|Receiving Student Loans||94%||$8,615|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Miles College may offer services to students like:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Miles College is around 20%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2008)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Miles College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Security and Protective Services
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Communication and Journalism (B)
Public Administration and Social Services
- Social Work (B)
Family and Consumer Sciences
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
- History (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Chemistry (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Music (B)
- Visual and Performing Arts (B)
- Music Pedagogy
Natural Resources and Conservation
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Miles College.
- University of Montevallo in Montevallo, AL (4 miles away)
- Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL (85 miles away)
- Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, MS (87 miles away)
- University of North Alabama in Florence, AL (101 miles away)
- Clayton State University in Morrow, GA (148 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: