Get more information about Millsaps College by clicking links below:
Millsaps College provides an ideal atmosphere for learning, with one teacher for every 10 students and an average class size of 15. Associated with the United Methodist Church, and located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Mississippi's capital of Jackson - a progressive southern city of nearly half a million population - Millsaps is home to nearly 1,100 students from 27 states and 24 countries. Our students have intellectual firepower, and know they will be taught by faculty who are as serious about learning as they are.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Millsaps College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Millsaps College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||23 - 30|
|ACT ® Math||22 - 26|
|ACT ® Composite Score||23 - 28|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances for admission at Millsaps College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||902 (47%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||171 (19%)|
Total enrollment at Millsaps College is around 910 students, with undergraduate students making up about 93% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $29,000-$35,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $900-$1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$21,408|
|Receiving Student Loans||54%||$5,940|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 6%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Millsaps College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Millsaps College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 66%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||61%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1991)
Millsaps College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (368)
- Basketball (368)
- Football (368)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Millsaps College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Millsaps College.
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (64 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (84 miles away)
- Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, MS (130 miles away)
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus in Magnolia, AR (190 miles away)
- Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, AR (208 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Mississippi
- See all private colleges in Mississippi
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Mississippi