1701 N State St, Jackson, MS
- FAFSA School Code: 002414
- Phone: (601) 974-1000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (601) 974-1050
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (601) 974-1220
- Financial Aid Page
Millsaps College provides an ideal atmosphere for learning, with one teacher for every 10 students and an average class size of 15. Associated with the United Methodist Church, and located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Mississippi's capital of Jackson - a progressive southern city of nearly half a million population - Millsaps is home to nearly 1,100 students from 27 states and 24 countries. Our students have intellectual firepower, and know they will be taught by faculty who are as serious about learning as they are.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Millsaps College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting into Millsaps College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||24 - 31|
|ACT ® Math||23 - 28|
|ACT ® Composite Score||23 - 29|
Acceptance Rate Table
The chances for admission at Millsaps College can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||1,077 (61%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||224 (21%)|
Total enrollment at Millsaps College is around 1,100 students, with undergraduate students making up about 91% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $29,000-$35,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $900-$1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$21,408|
|Receiving Student Loans||54%||$5,940|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 2%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Millsaps College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Millsaps College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 66%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||61%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1991)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Millsaps College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Psychology (B)
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
- Education (B)
- History (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (B)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- French Language and Literature (B)
- Spanish Language and Literature (B)
- Classical Languages, Literatures and Linguistics (B)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B)
- Applied Mathematics
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (B)
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
- Latin American Studies (B)
- European Civilization Studies
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Millsaps College.
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (64 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (84 miles away)
- Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, MS (130 miles away)
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (153 miles away)
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (159 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Mississippi
- See all private colleges in Mississippi
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Mississippi