Ohio Valley University
#1 Campus View Drive, Vienna, WV
- FAFSA School Code: 003819
- Phone: (304) 865-6000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (304) 865-6200
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (304) 865-6075
Ohio Valley University is a nonprofit private institution that has a large selection of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Vienna, West Virginia, in a predominately urban area. The school's Churches of Christ affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. The school enrolls 500 students annually, allowing for a more personalized education.
Areas of study available at Ohio Valley University include:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the school. Most common test scores among applicants accepted to this school are between 18 to 24 on the ACT, or 1280 to 1690 for the SAT exam. This school accepts around 50 percent of students applying annually. Of those applicants admitted, about 37 percent enrolled.
Tuition is approximately $20,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $3,600 each year. Students enrolled at Ohio Valley University may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
Ohio Valley University offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to see more about this school can check out their website at http://www.ovu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Ohio Valley University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting into Ohio Valley University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||430 - 590|
|SAT ® Math||430 - 540|
|SAT ® Writing||420 - 560|
|SAT ® Total Score||1280 - 1690|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||16 - 24|
|ACT ® Math||17 - 23|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances for admission at Ohio Valley University.
|Granted Admissions||397 (46%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||147 (37%)|
The total student enrollment at Ohio Valley University is about 480, with undergraduate students making up about 92% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $18,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $530 to $630 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$10,941|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$8,173|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 5%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Ohio Valley University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Ohio Valley University has an overall graduation rate which is around 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ohio Valley University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A, B)
- Special Education and Teaching (C)
- Elementary Education (B)
- Secondary Education (B)
- Curriculum and Instruction (M)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (B)
- Accounting (B)
- Business Administration (B)
- Advertising and Marketing (B)
- Human Resources (B)
- Information Systems
- Psychology (B)
Theology and Religious Vocations
- Biblical Studies (B)
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
- Public Health (B)
- Health Preparatory Programs
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Security and Protective Services
- Science Technologies
Mathematics and Statistics
English Language and Literature
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ohio Valley University.
- Glenville State College in Glenville, WV (46 miles away)
- Ohio University - Eastern Campus in Saint Clairsville, OH (60 miles away)
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (68 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Newark Campus in Newark, OH (70 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (79 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Get a list of all the colleges in West Virginia
- Find out what other private colleges are located in West Virginia
- See if these other Christian Colleges in West Virginia may interest you?