Get more information about Pfeiffer University by clicking links below:
Pfeiffer University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Misenheimer, NC, the campus offers a rural setting for students to study in. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Pfeiffer University has an annual student enrollment of about two thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Pfeiffer University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to this school achieve an SAT score between 850 - 970, or an ACT score in a range of 19 - 23. Roughly 60 percent of all students that applied were admitted at Pfeiffer University, with 23 percent of those accepted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found at misenheimer.pfeiffer.edu.
Tuition is approximately $24,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's tuition calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs about $5,700 annually. Some students at Pfeiffer University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Pfeiffer University Falcons participate in a number of athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students who would like to learn more about this school can take a look at their website at http://www.pfeiffer.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Pfeiffer University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Pfeiffer University has a total student population of about 2,300. The student body is made up of 49% undergraduate students and 51% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $26,000-$31,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $600 to $720 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$13,793|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$5,798|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Pfeiffer University may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Pfeiffer University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 48%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Pfeiffer University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Conference Carolinas)
- Basketball (Conference Carolinas)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pfeiffer University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pfeiffer University.
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (42 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (55 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke in Pembroke, NC (83 miles away)
- Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, NC (84 miles away)
- North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC (85 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in North Carolina
- Compare other North Carolina private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in North Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Pfeiffer University for official up-to-date information.