Philadelphia University is a nonprofit private institution located in Philadelphia, PA and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Around three thousand students enroll at PhilaU yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores between 22 - 26 on the ACT or 1450 - 1750 on the SAT are recommended to increase the chance of admission. 71% of applicants are admitted to this school, of which 22% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at philau.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $33,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should use the school's tuition calculator to identify their cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs around $5,300 each year. Some students at PhilaU may qualify for financial aid, which is generally provided as grants or student loans.
The mascot for Philadelphia University is the "Rams", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
- Rowing (NCAA Division II)
Philadelphia University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Philadelphia University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Philadelphia University is about 4,300, with undergraduate students making up about 74% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Philadelphia University may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
PhilaU has an overall graduation rate which is close to 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||45%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Industrial Design Program (more info)
- Nurse Midwifery Education Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
PhilaU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Central Atlantic Collegiate Conf)
- Basketball (Central Atlantic Collegiate Conf)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Philadelphia University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Philadelphia University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (15 miles away)
- SUNY Maritime College in Throggs Neck, NY (91 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (101 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (246 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (272 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Compare other Pennsylvania private colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Philadelphia University for official up-to-date information.