Pine Manor College
400 Heath St, Chestnut Hill, MA
- FAFSA School Code: 002201
- Phone: (617) 731-7000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (617) 731-7104
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (617) 731-7053
Pine Manor College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, which is a predominately suburban area. The low student to teacher ratio and access to faculty is due primarily to the small student body, around 500 students, maintained by Pine Manor College.
Areas of study offered at Pine Manor College include:
- Fine Arts and Art Studies
- Political Science and Government
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken to apply to Pine Manor College. Scores within the range of 15 to 18 on the ACT or 690 to 920 on the SAT are recommended to greatly increase the chance of admission.
The cost of tuition is close to $24,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Student housing is available for students, which costs around $6,900 for the year. Students at this school may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
The Pine Manor College Gators participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Pine Manor College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting accepted to Pine Manor College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Recommended
College Credits Accepted
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||16 - 18|
|ACT ® Math||15 - 17|
|ACT ® Composite Score||15 - 18|
Acceptance Rate Table
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting into Pine Manor College.
|Granted Admissions||318 (96%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||70 (22%)|
Total enrollment at Pine Manor College is around 490 students, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $23,000-$28,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $730-$870 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$17,559|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$6,850|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 13%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Pine Manor College may provide services to students like:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Pine Manor College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pine Manor College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Fine Arts and Art Studies (B, M)
- Music Performance
- Psychology (B)
- Political Science and Government (B)
- Economics (B)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A, B)
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
- English (B)
Communications and Journalism
- Communication, General (B)
- Communication and Media Studies
- History (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A, B)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pine Manor College.
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (49 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (256 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (258 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (261 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (278 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Massachusetts
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Massachusetts
- Review all the different Massachusetts liberal arts colleges