Get more information about Randolph – Macon College by clicking links below:
Randolph - Macon College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Ashland, VA, which is a predominately suburban area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately 1,200 students are enrolled yearly at Randolph - Macon College.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Social Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. The majority of students admitted to Randolph - Macon College earn an SAT score between 1470 - 1770, or an ACT composite score between 22 - 27. 56% of students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 17% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $35,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's net price calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs around $6,000 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements.
Randolph - Macon College offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.rmc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Randolph – Macon College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting into Randolph – Macon College.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||490 - 590|
|SAT ® Math||490 - 590|
|SAT ® Writing||480 - 580|
|SAT ® Total Score||1460 - 1760|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||20 - 25|
|ACT ® Math||20 - 26|
|ACT ® Composite Score||21 - 26|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting into Randolph – Macon College.
|Granted Admissions||1,909 (64%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||382 (20%)|
The total student enrollment at Randolph – Macon College is about 1,300.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $36,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,845|
|Receiving Student Loans||85%||$7,095|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 9%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Randolph – Macon College may provide services like:
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Randolph – Macon College is approximately 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||53%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2009)
Randolph – Macon College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Randolph – Macon College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Randolph – Macon College.
- University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA (37 miles away)
- College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA (54 miles away)
- Longwood University in Farmville, VA (59 miles away)
- St Mary's College of Maryland in St. Mary's City, MD (64 miles away)
- Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA (72 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Virginia
- Review a list of Virginia private colleges
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Virginia
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Virginia