Get more information about Rivier College by clicking links below:
Rivier College is a nonprofit private institution located in Nashua, New Hampshire and provides a large number of program options for students. The Roman Catholic affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Nearly two thousand students enroll at Rivier College annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Rivier College offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Family And Consumer Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by admissions staff. Most common standardized test scores among applicants accepted to Rivier College are within the range of 17 to 21 on the ACT, or 1240 to 1540 on the SAT. Approximately 80 percent of all students that applied were admitted at this school, with 37 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $28,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $5,900. Rivier College may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify as grants and loans.
The mascot for Rivier College is the "Raiders", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, tuition information, programs, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.rivier.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Rivier College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Rivier College has a total student population of about 2,600, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $29,000-$35,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $330 to $390 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,438|
|Receiving Student Loans||98%||$8,984|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Rivier College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care
The overall graduation rate of Rivier College is around 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1988)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1996)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1991)
Rivier College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Northeast Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Northeast Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Rivier College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Rivier College.
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (17 miles away)
- Fitchburg State University in Fitchburg, MA (20 miles away)
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (31 miles away)
- Granite State College in Concord, NH (31 miles away)
- Worcester State College in Worcester, MA (38 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in New Hampshire
- Review a list of New Hampshire private colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Rivier College for official up-to-date information.