Saint Leo University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Leo, FL, the campus offers a rural setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at SLU exceeds 16,000 annually.
Areas of study available at SLU include:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Computer And Information Sciences
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 860 to 1040 on the SAT and in a range of 19 to 23 on the ACT is typical among students admitted to this school. This school admits roughly 90% of students applying annually. Of those applicants admitted, nearly 29% of students attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found at saintleo.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $20,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is estimated to be $5,200. Students attending Saint Leo University may be eligible for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Saint Leo University Lions participate in a number of athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.saintleo.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students SLU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Saint Leo University is around 16,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 23% enrolling as graduate students and 77% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $20,000-$24,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $520-$620 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$14,187|
|Receiving Student Loans||72%||$5,885|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Saint Leo University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Saint Leo University is approximately 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||30%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Medical Dosimetry Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2008)
SLU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sunshine State Conference)
- Basketball (Sunshine State Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Leo University.
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Campus in St. Petersburg, FL (46 miles away)
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (68 miles away)
- Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL (123 miles away)
- University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL (142 miles away)
- College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick, GA (202 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Florida
- Review a list of Florida private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Florida
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Leo University for official up-to-date information.