Get more information about Saint Marys College of California by clicking links below:
Saint Marys College of California is a nonprofit private institution located in Moraga, CA and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Over 3,900 students enroll at Saint Marys College of California per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Saint Marys College of California offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Social Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Most common test scores among applicants accepted to SMC are between 22 to 27 for the ACT exam, or 1000 to 1210 for the SAT exam. This school has an admissions rate of around 69 percent of which only 19 percent chose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $41,000 for the year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's tuition calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $7,700. Some students at SMC may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students can visit the school's http://www.stmarys-ca.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Saint Marys College of California accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Saint Marys College of California is around 4,700 students, where graduate students make up roughly 33% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $43,000-$51,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,500 to $1,800 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$23,640|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$11,374|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Saint Marys College of California may offer student services including:
- Weekend and night classes available
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Saint Marys College of California has an overall graduation rate which is close to 68%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||47%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Liberal Arts Education Program (more info)
- Montessori Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Saint Marys College of California is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (West Coast Conference)
- Basketball (West Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Marys College of California by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Marys College of California.
- California State University - East Bay in Hayward, CA (13 miles away)
- San Francisco State University in San Francisco, CA (22 miles away)
- San Jose State University in San Jose, CA (36 miles away)
- Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, CA (46 miles away)
- California State University - Sacramento in Sacramento, CA (62 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in California
- Compare other California private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in California may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Saint Marys College of California for official up-to-date information.