Get more information about Santa Clara University by clicking links below:
SCU is a nonprofit private institution that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Santa Clara, California, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Nearly 8,700 students enroll at SCU per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Santa Clara University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Engineering Technology
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to SCU earn an SAT score within the range of 1150 to 1350, or an ACT score within the range of 26 to 30. An estimated 60 percent of all applicant were admitted at Santa Clara University, with 19 percent of those admitted choosing to attend.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $43,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Santa Clara University may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The SCU "Broncos" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Rowing (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students should take a look at the school's http://www.scu.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students SCU accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Santa Clara University has a total student population of about 9,000. The student body is made up of 61% undergraduate students and 39% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $44,000-$53,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,200-$1,500 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $1
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$19,396|
|Receiving Student Loans||46%||$6,471|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Santa Clara University may offer services including:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Day care for children
With a high graduation rate of around 84%, Santa Clara University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||77%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1937)
Santa Clara University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (West Coast Conference)
- Basketball (West Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Santa Clara University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Santa Clara University.
- San Jose State University in San Jose, CA (1 miles away)
- California State University - East Bay in Hayward, CA (22 miles away)
- University of California - Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA (27 miles away)
- San Francisco State University in San Francisco, CA (39 miles away)
- California State University - Monterey Bay in Seaside, CA (49 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- See all colleges in California
- Compare other California private colleges
- Review a list of California Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Santa Clara University for official up-to-date information.