Get more information about Southern Nazarene University by clicking links below:
Southern Nazarene University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Bethany, Oklahoma, the school resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. The Church of the Nazarene affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Approximately 2,100 students are enrolled yearly at SNU.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs SNU offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
The school has an open enrollment policy, admitting all students that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, test scores, and personal statements may be required for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found at snu.edu.
Tuition is approximately $22,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Southern Nazarene University may provide financial aid for students that are eligible by way of grants and loans.
The mascot for Southern Nazarene University is the "Crimson Storm", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
Students should take a look at the school's http://snu.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Southern Nazarene University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Southern Nazarene University is around 2,300 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 23% enrolling as graduate students and 77% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $22,000-$26,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $730 to $880 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$11,586|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$8,742|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Southern Nazarene University may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Southern Nazarene University is approximately 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
SNU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (367)
- Basketball (367)
- Track and Field (367)
- Football (367)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southern Nazarene University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southern Nazarene University.
- Langston University in Langston, OK (35 miles away)
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha, OK (38 miles away)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, OK (61 miles away)
- Cameron University in Lawton, OK (75 miles away)
- East Central University in Ada, OK (75 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Oklahoma
- Get a list of all private colleges in Oklahoma
- Compare other Oklahoma Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Southern Nazarene University for official up-to-date information.