Get more information about St Olaf College by clicking links below:
St Olaf College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Northfield, Minnesota, which is a predominantly rural area. The Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Enrollment at St Olaf College is nearly 3,200 annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Mathematics And Statistics
- English Language And Literature
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1770 - 2140 for the SAT exam and between 27 - 32 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to St Olaf College. This school admits around 50% of applicants yearly. Of those students admitted, around 33% attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $42,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's tuition calculator to identify their costs. The cost of on-campus housing is approximately $4,500 for the year. Students attending this school may be eligible for aid which is typically grants and loans.
St Olaf College offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about St Olaf College can take a look at their website at http://www.stolaf.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants St Olaf College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at St Olaf College is about 3,000.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $42,000-$50,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,300-$1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$20,924|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,815|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, St Olaf College may provide services like:
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
St Olaf College has a very high graduation rate when compared to similar schools nearby.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||83%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dance Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
St Olaf College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by St Olaf College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St Olaf College.
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (86 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (107 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (127 miles away)
- University of Minnesota - Morris in Morris, MN (157 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Superior in Superior, WI (165 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Minnesota
- Review a list of Minnesota private colleges
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Minnesota
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Minnesota
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact St Olaf College for official up-to-date information.