Stevens Institute of Technology
Castle Point On Hudson, Hoboken, NJ
- FAFSA School Code: 002639
- Phone: (201) 216-5000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (201) 216-5194
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (201) 216-8141
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at Stevens Institute of Technology by clicking on the links below:
Stevens Institute of Technology provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Hoboken, NJ and operated as a private institution. Stevens Institute of Technology has an annual student enrollment of over five thousand.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Computer And Information Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Engineering Technology
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Most students admitted to this school score in a range of 1750 to 2040 on the SAT exam. 42% of students that apply are accepted to Stevens Institute of Technology, of which 37 percent choose to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $46,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $7,900. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Fencing (NCAA Division III)
Students can visit the website to obtain a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Stevens Institute of Technology accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to see your chances of getting into Stevens Institute of Technology.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||560 - 660|
|SAT ® Math||630 - 720|
|SAT ® Writing||560 - 660|
|SAT ® Total Score||1750 - 2040|
Acceptance Rate Table
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting into Stevens Institute of Technology.
|Granted Admissions||1,500 (42%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||561 (37%)|
Total enrollment at Stevens Institute of Technology is around 5,600 students, with undergraduate students making up about 42% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $46,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,400 to $1,700 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$25,125|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$11,279|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 2%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Stevens Institute of Technology may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Stevens Institute of Technology has a high graduation rate when compared to similar schools nearby.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||33%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Stevens Institute of Technology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Mechanical Engineering (B, C, D, M)
- Systems Engineering (C, D, M)
- Electrical Engineering (B, C, D, M)
- Biomedical Engineering (B, M)
- Civil Engineering (B, C, D, M)
- Computer Engineering (B, C, D, M)
- Chemical Engineering (B, D, M)
- Ocean Engineering (D, M)
- Software Engineering (C, M)
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (B, C)
- Materials Engineering (C, D, M)
- Environmental and Environmental Health Engineering (B, C, D, M)
- Engineering Physics (B, C, M)
- Engineering (C, D, M)
- Construction Engineering (C)
Computer and Information Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (B, C, D, M)
- Project Management (C, M)
- Construction Management (C, M)
- Telecommunications Management (M)
- Human Resources Management (B, C)
- Commerce (M)
- Engineering Management (B, C, D, M)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (B, C, D, M)
- Applied Mathematics (M)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biochemistry (B, D, M)
English Language and Literature
- General Literature (B)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Fine Arts and Art Studies (B)
- Music Technology (B)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Humanistic Studies (B)
Other 4-Year Private Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Stevens Institute of Technology.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ (8 miles away)
- SUNY Maritime College in Throggs Neck, NY (12 miles away)
- United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, NY (15 miles away)
- United States Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT (109 miles away)
- United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD (179 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: