Get more information about Texas Christian University by clicking links below:
Texas Christian University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Fort Worth, Texas, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Around 9,100 students enroll at Texas Christian University yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1600 to 1920 on the SAT and between 24 to 29 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to Texas Christian University. 38% of those students that apply are admitted to Texas Christian University, of which 26% choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $36,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to determine cost. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $7,100. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for TCU is the "Horned Frogs", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-A)
Students who would like to learn more about TCU may check out their website at http://www.tcu.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Texas Christian University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of accepted students, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better feeling of your chances of getting accepted to Texas Christian University.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
SAT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|SAT ® Critical Reading||540 - 620|
|SAT ® Math||550 - 650|
|SAT ® Writing||540 - 640|
|SAT ® Total Score||1630 - 1910|
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Math||0 - 0|
|ACT ® Composite Score||25 - 29|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into TCU
The chances of getting accepted into Texas Christian University can be seen in the table below.
|Granted Admissions||8,791 (47%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,936 (22%)|
Total enrollment at Texas Christian University is around 9,700 students. The student body is made up of 87% undergraduate students and 13% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $35,000-$41,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,500-$1,700 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||79%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$14,953|
|Receiving Student Loans||38%||$8,257|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 4%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Texas Christian University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a high graduation rate of around 74%, Texas Christian University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||54%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Coordinated Dietetics Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program (more info)
- Art and Design Program
- Dance Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
Texas Christian University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big Twelve Conference)
- Basketball (Big Twelve Conference)
- Track and Field (Big Twelve Conference)
- Football (Big Twelve Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Texas Christian University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas Christian University.
- The University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, TX (14 miles away)
- University of North Texas in Denton, TX (37 miles away)
- Texas Woman's University in Denton, TX (38 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Dallas in Richardson, TX (40 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Stephenville, TX (60 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: