Get more information about Vanguard University of Southern California by clicking links below:
Vanguard University of Southern California is a nonprofit private institution located in Costa Mesa, California and provides a large number of program options for students. The school maintains an Assemblies of God Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 2,100 students are enrolled yearly at Vanguard University of Southern California.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Social Sciences
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the school. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 1320 - 1620 on the SAT and within the range of 18 - 25 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to Vanguard University of Southern California. Vanguard University of Southern California admits approximately 70% of applicants yearly. Of those accepted, nearly 45% of students registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at undergraduate.vanguard.edu.
Tuition is approximately $30,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $5,600. Students enrolled at Vanguard University of Southern California may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Vanguard University of Southern California is the "Lions", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NAIA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.vanguard.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Vanguard University of Southern California accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students that were accepted, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting accepted to Vanguard University of Southern California.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- High School Academic Ranking are Recommended
- Letters of Recommendation are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2011
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 28|
|ACT ® Math||17 - 28|
|ACT ® Composite Score||18 - 28|
Acceptance Rate Table
The table below lists the chances of getting accepted into Vanguard University of Southern California.
|Granted Admissions||1,043 (70%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||392 (38%)|
Total enrollment at Vanguard University of Southern California is around 2,300 students, with undergraduate students making up about 88% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $29,000-$34,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,300 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$17,557|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$7,690|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 5%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Vanguard University of Southern California may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Vanguard University of Southern California is around 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||52%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2009)
- Theatre Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 2010)
Vanguard University of Southern California is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Golden State Athletic Conference)
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Vanguard University of Southern California by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Vanguard University of Southern California.
- Saginaw Valley State University in University Center, MI (2 miles away)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills in Carson, CA (25 miles away)
- California State University - San Bernardino in San Bernardino, CA (49 miles away)
- California State University - San Marcos in San Marcos, CA (56 miles away)
- California State University - Channel Islands in Camarillo, CA (74 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in California
- Browse our list of private colleges in California
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in California
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2008-2013. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Vanguard University of Southern California for official up-to-date information.