Get more information about Webster University by clicking links below:
Webster, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Louis, MO, the campus resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. Approximately 19,000 students are enrolled yearly at Webster.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Webster University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Most students accepted to Webster achieve an SAT score in a range of 1579 to 1878, or an ACT score within the range of 21 to 27. Roughly 70% of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 39% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $25,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their cost of attending Webster. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $5,900. Some students at Webster University may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to view more about Webster may take a look at their website at http://www.webster.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Webster University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Webster University has a total student population of about 22,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 81% enrolling as graduate students and 19% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $25,000-$30,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $650 to $780 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$10,702|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$7,094|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Webster University may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Webster University is around 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||46%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Webster University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Webster University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Webster University.
- University of Missouri - St Louis in Saint Louis, MO (3 miles away)
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (7 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (23 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Carbondale, IL (85 miles away)
- University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL (88 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Webster University for official up-to-date information.