Get more information about Austin Peay State University by clicking links below:
APSU is a public institution that has a fair number of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Clarksville, TN, in a predominantly urban area. Over eleven thousand students enroll at Austin Peay State University per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs APSU offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 840 - 1080 on the SAT and between 19 - 23 on the ACT is typical among students admitted to Austin Peay State University. 88% of students that apply are accepted to this school, of which 57% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at apsu.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs approximately $7,100 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $22,000 annually. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $4,800 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
The mascot for Austin Peay State University is the "Governors", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who would like to learn more about this school can visit their website at http://www.apsu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants APSU accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, SAT/ACT scores of students who were accepted, as well as any college credits that may be transferred. This information can be used to get a better idea of your chances of getting into APSU.
Admission Requirements & Recommendations
- High School G.P.A. and School Records are Required
- SAT or ACT Test Scores are Required
- TOEFL for ESL Students are Required
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Admissions Test Scores - SAT Exam, ACT Exam, etc...
ACT ® scores for students that were accepted Fall 2012
|Score Range (25th to 75th Percentile)|
|ACT ® English||17 - 23|
|ACT ® Math||19 - 25|
|ACT ® Composite Score||19 - 24|
Acceptance Rate Table - Chances of Getting Into APSU
We have provided a table below which represents your chances of getting into APSU.
|Granted Admissions||2,864 (86%)|
|Accepted Students That Enrolled||1,522 (53%)|
The total student enrollment at Austin Peay State University is about 10,000. The student body is made up of 91% undergraduate students and 9% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $15 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- State Residents: $5,900-$7,100
- Out-of-State: $20,000-$24,480
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $250-$300 per unit
- Out-of-State: $850-$1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$7,350|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,285|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 11.3%.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Austin Peay State University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Day care for children
Austin Peay State University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 36%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Austin Peay State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Football (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Austin Peay State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Austin Peay State University.
- Tennessee State University in Nashville, TN (38 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (73 miles away)
- The University of Tennessee - Martin in Martin, TN (85 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (106 miles away)
- University of North Alabama in Florence, AL (121 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: