Get more information about Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania by clicking links below:
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is a public institution located in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has an annual student enrollment of around 10,000.
Areas of study available at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 910 - 1100 for the SAT exam and within the range of 19 - 24 for the ACT exam is typical among students accepted to this school. BU has an acceptance rate of about 72% of which only 24% decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at BU vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $8,900 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $19,000 for the year. The cost of on-campus housing is estimated to be $4,900 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
This school offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.bloomu.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has a total student population of about 9,700, where graduate students make up roughly 22% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $7,100-$8,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,180
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $740-$880 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||49%||$5,708|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$7,720|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has an overall graduation rate which is close to 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||42%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (29 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (32 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (49 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (51 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (53 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: