Get more information about Bowling Green State University by clicking links below:
BGSU is a public university that has a large number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Bowling Green, OH, in a predominantly rural area. Approximately 18,000 students enroll at BGSU yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs BGSU offers:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Students may take either the SAT or ACT exam scores to be considered for admissions to this school. A score in a range of 1300 to 1660 on the SAT, or 19 to 24 for the ACT is common among accepted students. BGSU admits approximately 80% of students applying annually. Of those students admitted, nearly 32% enrolled. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at Bowling Green State University are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs approximately $11,000 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $19,000 per year. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is estimated to be $5,200. Some students at Bowling Green State University may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for Bowling Green State University is the "Falcons", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.bgsu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students BGSU accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Bowling Green State University is around 17,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 15% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $45 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $9,100-$11,000
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,680
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $380-$450 per unit
- Out-of-State: $680-$820 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$6,201|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,630|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Bowling Green State University may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
BGSU has an overall graduation rate which is around 54%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||31%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Bowling Green State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-American Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-American Conference)
- Track and Field (Mid-American Conference)
- Football (Mid-American Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bowling Green State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bowling Green State University.
- University of Toledo in Toledo, OH (20 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (49 miles away)
- Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, MI (57 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Marion Campus in Marion, OH (62 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (67 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: