Get more information about Bridgewater State University by clicking links below:
Bridgewater State University is a public college that has a large selection of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Bridgewater, Massachusetts, in a predominantly suburban area. Bridgewater State University has a yearly student enrollment of around 11,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Security And Protective Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- English Language And Literature
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 930 to 1108 for the SAT exam and between 21 to 24 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to BSU. BSU admits approximately 70% of applicants. Of those admitted, about 33% of students attended the school. More information on admissions can be found at bridgew.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $8,300 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $15,000 for the year. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $7,500. Students at Bridgewater State University may qualify for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at BSU through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, tuition information, programs offered, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.bridgew.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants Bridgewater State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Bridgewater State University is about 11,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 87% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $910-$1,100
- Out-of-State: $7,100-$8,460
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $370-$440 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $620-$750 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$5,409|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$7,083|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Bridgewater State University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Bridgewater State University has an overall graduation rate which is around 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||24%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2012)
- Music Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2007)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Bridgewater State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Massachusetts State College Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Massachusetts State College Ath Assoc)
- Field Hockey
- Football (New England Football Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bridgewater State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bridgewater State University.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston in Boston, MA (22 miles away)
- University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA (24 miles away)
- Rhode Island College in Providence, RI (27 miles away)
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (32 miles away)
- Salem State College in Salem, MA (36 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: