Get more information about Citadel Military College of South Carolina by clicking links below:
Citadel Military College of South Carolina, a public institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Charleston, South Carolina, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. Approximately three thousand students are enrolled per year at Citadel Military College of South Carolina.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students admitted to Citadel Military College of South Carolina achieve an SAT score between 960 to 1170, or an ACT composite score in a range of 20 to 23. This school has an admissions rate of about 57 percent of which only 45 percent decided to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at citadel.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs around $11,000 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $30,000 annually. This school may offer financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.citadel.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Citadel Military College of South Carolina accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Citadel Military College of South Carolina is about 4,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 28% enrolling as graduate students and 72% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $40 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $150-$180
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $410-$492
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $440-$530 per unit
- Out-of-State: $820-$980 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $7,700, the price includes twenty meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$10,462|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$7,385|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Citadel Military College of South Carolina may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Citadel Military College of South Carolina is close to 69%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||62%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1974)
Citadel Military College of South Carolina is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southern Conference)
- Basketball (Southern Conference)
- Track and Field (Southern Conference)
- Football (Southern Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Citadel Military College of South Carolina by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Citadel Military College of South Carolina.
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort in Bluffton, SC (65 miles away)
- South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, SC (71 miles away)
- Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC (94 miles away)
- Francis Marion University in Florence, SC (98 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (118 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: